Merit among candidates will be decided as per higher marks in mathematics and physics and ratio of positive and negative marks. A candidate with a higher absolute value of the ratio will be given better rank.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to check JEE Mains 2017 exam results. Follow these steps:
1. Open the official website Result-link by Click-Here.
2. The website will flash a link: JEE Mains 2017 Results. Click on that.
3. The link will require a candidate to enter application number, date of birth and security pin.
4. Correct entry of the above three will open the results page.
5. The result will have a candidate’s score and rank card as well and whether he/she is eligible to appear for the JEE Advance 2017 Examination.
6. The rank comprises of the candidates’ All India Rank (AIR) and All India category rank.
Earlier, the Ministry of Human Resource Development notified two changes in the JEE pattern for 2017, as per the information available on the CBSE website:
First, there shall be no weightage for the 12th class marks in calculating the ranks in the JEE (Main) examination.
Second, for the candidates to qualify for the admission in the IITs/NITs/IIITs and such other CFTIs whose admissions are based on the JEE (Advanced)/JEE(Main) ranks, they should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards.
For SC/ST students the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.
The States of Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Uttrakhand, Nagaland, Odisha & some other institutions have joined JEE (Main) system, however, their admission criteria will be notified by the concerned authorities.
Therefore, the candidates seeking admission to the institutions in these states, which were earlier admitting based on their State level examination, are also advised to fill in the JEE (Main)–2017 application form online.
The Paper-1 (B. E./B. Tech.) of JEE (Main) will also be an eligibility test for the JEE (Advanced), which the candidate has to take if he/she is aspiring for admission to the undergraduate programmes offered by the IITs.